Many students transfer with the minimum number of hours (30) required for admissibility to ASU. ASU has a unique General Education curriculum and it is highly recommended that community college students complete at least 30 hours of UGETC courses, which are guaranteed to fit into Appalachian's General Education requirements. Utilize our quick Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC) guide for more information.
Students can also use this checksheet as a guide while registering and completing coursework at the community college. Once you have chosen a major to pursue at ASU we suggest you use the major checksheet to determine which general education courses are required in your major. Use these courses whenever possible when registering for courses at your community college or your first semester at Appalachian.
Things to Do:
- Obtain a checksheet (PDF, 125KB) for ASU’s General Education cross-referenced with the North Carolina Community College course numbers
- Access Program of Study in your intended ASU major
- Utilize our Transfer Guides to help you see how to stay on track and minimize your time to degree completion
- Go to Equivalency Search to find ASU course Equivalencies
- View your Transfer Coursework Evaluation through myApp after you are notified of your acceptance
- Go to Advising Website when you are ready to register for courses at ASU
Please note that even though a course is approved to meet the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement with the North Carolina Community Colleges, it does not guarantee that it will meet specific general education requirements.