- On Campus Resources
On Campus Resources
- The Division of Student Affairs offers many resources for our students. Currently in the Women’s Center located in the Plemmons Student Union, we offer a lactation room for our students who are nursing mothers. This room offers a space to nurse, pump, change diapers, and is a quiet place to rock the baby.
- The Division of Student Affairs also offers an Emergency Fund (https://financialaid.appstate.edu/videos/emergency-fund) in times of financial emergency for our students. Funds cannot be used to pay off university debt.
- The Office of theDean of Students (https://deanofstudents.appstate.edu/) offers resources for our students such as a free legal clinic, case managers ready to speak to you if you are struggling academically, and resources for off campus housing (https://offcampushousing.appstate.edu/). Our off campus housing website is easy to navigate and provides real time listings of apartments and houses available in the community.
- The Children’s Developmental Services Agency (CDSA) of the Blue Ridge (https://ihhs.appstate.edu/about-ihhs/community-resources/childrens-developmental-services-agency-cdsa-blue-ridge) offers services and resources for parents of children with specific developmental and health needs. They work with you and health care providers to help create an understanding of your child’s specific needs.
- Our Office of Title IX Compliance (https://titleix.appstate.edu/pregnancy-and-parenting) offers pregnant and parenting individuals protection and resources. They offer academic assistance, employee assistance, and adjustments to parking, faculty notifications, and support.
- Student Veterans Services (https://militarystudents.appstate.edu/) offer many resources for veterans coming to our university. Student Veteran’s receive benefits and financial aid to help further their academic career.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid (https://financialaid.appstate.edu/) offers assistance to our students to help them further their academic career. The financial aid office offers different types of aid such as grants, loans, employment, and scholarships.
- The Career Development Center (https://careers.appstate.edu/) has many resources that help students find their desired career path. Students can work with members of the faculty and staff to find careers that fit their goals, personality, and dispositions. They offer resources to find jobs in the community and elsewhere.
- Parent 2 Parent (https://parent2parent.appstate.edu/) offers support to families who have lost a child, had a premature birth, children with disabilities, children with mental illness, and children who have a chronic illness. In the county, Parent 2 Parent does many fundraisers to raise money for the families they support, such as 5k races.