Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree are considered second-degree students.
- If a student completed a bachelor's degree at an institution other than Appalachian, then they should apply as a transfer student.
- Admitted second-degree students will be issued a generic block of 90 semester hours (with the exception of BSN students who will be issued a 94 semester hour block). This 90 hour block will:
- satisfy Appalachian's general education requirements; and
- enable a student to have priority registration (by providing senior status).
- Admitted students will work with their department for pre-requisite/registration overrides and to discuss whether any credit from a previous degree may transfer to fulfill a requirement in the intended second degree.
- If a student completed a bachelor's degree at Appalachian, then they should apply for readmission.
If you have questions, please call or email our office.