Transfer Student Mentors (TSMs) work closely with transfer students to help them throughout their transition and college experience at Appalachian and help with Transfer Track tours, lead Transfer Pre-Orientation (T-POP) sessions, support transfer programming, serve as a mentor to new and incoming students, and create a welcoming environment for transfer students at Appalachian. TSMs develop leadership and mentorship skills through service learning.
- Have transferred to Appalachain State from another college or university
- Attend weekly meetings on Wednesdays at 5:00 PM
- Mentors average 40 - 60 hours of service per semester
- Be able to attend ALL trainings and required events (mentor training will occur in April 2019 and a 2-day retreat in August 2019)
- Mentors help with Orientations scheduled during the summer session
- Mentors must be available for Orientation and welcome weekend prior to the start of each semester
- Mentors lead Transfer Track campus tours on Wednesdays and Friday afternoons
- Exhibit strong leadership potential and experience
- Be in good academic standing with the University and maintain a GPA average of 2.5 or better (for any first semester student offered a position, the position will be contingent upon first semester grades)
- Be in good judicial standing with the University
The deadline to apply is Friday, February 22, 2019 - apply online now!
Applicants should be prepared to attend the TSM Candidates Social on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 5:00 PM in the JET Building.
Interviews will be scheduled through March 18 - 22, 2019. Email questions to email@example.com or call 828-262-7441.