The Office of Transfer Services is looking for new Transfer Student Mentors! TSM's work closely with transfer students to help them throughout their transition and college experience at Appalachian and help with Transfer Track tours, lead Transfer Pre-Orientation sessions, support transfer programming, serve as a mentor to new and incoming students, and create a welcoming environment for transfer students at Appalachian.
- Be able to attend ALL trainings and required events (new mentor training will occur January 10-13)
- Exhibit strong leadership potential and experience
- Be in good academic standing with the University and maintain a GPA average of 2.5 or better (for any first semester student offered a position, the position will be contingent upon first semester grades)
- Be in good judicial standing with the University
Interested applicants should attend one of two interest sessions which will be held:
- Thursday, November 3 at 6pm in the Admissions Theater in John E. Thomas Hall
- Monday, November 7 at 5pm in the Admissions Theater in John E. Thomas Hall
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, November 16th - apply online now! Interviews will take place Tuesday, November 29 through Thursday, December 1. Email questions to email@example.com or call 828-262-7877.