Reference the chart below based on your student type
Transfer Admission Process
- Plan on applying months in advance of the entry term you intend to start at Appalachian. Appalachian State University admits transfer students on a rolling basis for each semester until the class is full. The Office of Admissions suggests a completed application and materials be submitted by February 15th for a fall or summer term and October 15th for a spring term.
- Pay the application fee or submit a completed Official Application Fee Waiver to the Office of Admissions.
- Applicants will receive a myMountaineer account login through email to track the status of their application.
- Remember a completed application includes all official college transcript(s).
- A final high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores are required if transferring with less than 30 hours.
- Additional information may be requested after submission of your application. These items will be viewable in your myMountaineer portal. Students progressing through the admission process are encouraged to check their portal often as new information and enrollment steps will be added as you are admitted and you confirm your enrollment.
- Applicants claiming North Carolina residency must request a residency determination through the Residency Determination Service.
- Visit Appalachian to make sure it's the right fit! Transfer and App State Online Information Sessions are opportunities to participate in a presentation & tour with representatives from Online & Transfer Services. Learn more and register.