Choose Your Transfer Status For More Information:
Our staff assists prospective transfer students by advising for general education and major requirements while you are still at your community college or previous institution.
Important Transfer Credit Information
Transfer Equivalency Course Search
The Transfer Equivalency Course Search is used to determine how courses completed at other institutions may transfer to Appalachian State University, specifically.
Common Numbering System (CNS) Transfer Course Search
The CNS Transfer Course Search was developed by the UNC System Office to help a prospective transfer student determine how courses completed at other 4-year UNC institutions and at a NC Community College may transfer to any UNC System 4-year school. Entering a course into the search will provide output showing how the course transfers to any of the University of North Carolina System's 4-year schools.
Transfer Credit Policy
- Please keep in mind that this list is comprised of courses that have transferred previously. If you do not see your school or course listed, it may mean we have not seen it previously.
- Only courses will a grade of "C" or better are transferable to Appalachian.
- The transfer GPA is used for admission purposes only and does not count toward the Appalachian GPA. The Appalachian GPA is computed only on the basis of coursework taken at Appalachian.
- All coursework over ten years old will be reviewed by academic departments to determine transferability.
- App State does NOT accept remedial or developmental coursework.
Transferring CLEP, AP, Cambridge, and IB Credits
Visit our external credit by exam page to see how your test scores transfer to Appalachian.
Articulation Agreements are formal agreements between two or more colleges and universities documenting the transfer policies for a specific academic program or degree in general. Explore our many agreements with partner institutions!