Out-of-State or Private Institution

Out-of-State or Private Institution

Things to Do:

  • Go to ASU Equivalency Guide to determine how your coursework transfers to ASU
  • Download the ASU General Education Program of Study to determine how your credit fits into our General Education Program
  • Access the Program of Study in your intended ASU major to determine how your credits apply toward major requirements
  • Utilize our Four Year Guides to help you see how to stay on track and minimize your time to degree completion
  • View the Transfer Coursework Evaluation through your MyMountaineer account and use this information to assist in the registration process prior to Orientation
  • Go to the Advising Website to learn more about how to register for courses at Appalachian

Out-of-state associate degrees

  • Appalachian does not automatically accept Associate in Arts or Associate in Science (AA/AS) degrees from out of state institutions, but the General Education Office will look at each case individually to determine if the coursework completed aligns with our General Education guidelines. For further information, contact gened@appstate.edu or 828.262.2028.
  • Appalachian does not accept out-of-state AAS or AFA degrees.  Credits will be individually applied to the student's degre audit and the student will be required to complete Appalachian's general education curriculum.

Completion of General Education requirements

  • General Education requirements differ at each institution which means that some of your credit may not transfer neatly into our program. To see how your courses will apply to our general education curriculum, contact gened@appstate.edu or 828.262.2028.  For assistance in choosing appropriate coursework at your current institution to apply toward our general education program, contact the Transfer Admissions & Engagement at transfer@appstate.edu or 828-262-7877. App State Online students should visit online.appstate.edu or call (800)355-4084 for assitance.